This summer, 108 youth in K-12 participated in Summer Camp and Workforce Lab!
Campers in K-8 received:
- 6 hours of swim lessons at the YMCA
- 60 hours of academic time
- The opportunity to attend five field trips including ZooTampa at Lowry Park, the Florida Aquarium, Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI), and Rock Springs
- At least 30 minutes a day of outside play
- 30 minutes per day of Bible instruction
- 2 healthy snacks per day
- 1 lunch per day
Additionally, those in grades 1-8 received:
- 8 hours of time in the Project Room for STEM and STEAM-related hands-on-learning
- 6 hours of financial literacy classes
- And most received 8 hours of art instruction
Twelve highschoolers also participated in the Workforce Lab program. Learn more by clicking here.
Finally, through the Start Smart Education Essentials campaign, 141 students (as of August 16) started school prepared with backpacks, school supplies, uniforms, and more!
Take a look at highlights from this year’s Summer Camp & Workforce Lab!
Parker Street Ministries (PSM) is a 501c3 nonprofit in Lakeland, Florida that follows a Gospel-centered model characterized by living, listening, affirming dignity, and building community together in and through the Parker Street neighborhood. For more than two decades, PSM’s vision has been to see a city transformed by the power of the Gospel through building champions who make possible desirable neighborhoods, lifetime learners, financial sustainability, and healthy communities for all.