Jesus’ command to “Love your neighbor” was demonstrated throughout the formation of PSM’s new 5-year plan. This document is the culmination of a 7-month process led by an organizational development expert. Seventy stakeholders took time out of their busy schedules to participate in many capacities, from attending visioning sessions to providing subject matter expertise. They represented staff, trustees, clients, donors, volunteers, education professionals, nonprofits, government, and churches. Because of their efforts we were able to—
- Obtain funding for facilitation through an Empower Polk Grant from GiveWell Community Foundation
- Affirm and restate our Mission and Vision
- Formalize Core Values, or non-negotiables, to be used in decision making, training, and communications
- Form and correlate proposed Focus Areas to identified needs, Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Consult with subject matter experts in each focus area
- Identify current and past activities supporting focus areas
- Develop 5-year goals, outcomes, and timelines until consensus is reached
- Identify research required for successful outcomes
- Create final document for approval by the Board of Trustees
It was a lot, and I am grateful for each and every one that participated and provided encouragement, counsel, and wisdom (see participants below). The vision is cast, and we are in the implementation phase. Won’t you join us? Together we can accomplish great things!
For our good and God’s Glory,
Tim Mitchell, CEO
*This strategic planning process was made possible by GiveWell Community Foundation and its Empower Polk Grant Cycle! Thank you, GWCF!
Board of Trustees
Tim Mitchell, CEO
Jeff & Diane Broadus
Shawn & Carole Cook
Rob & Gail Quam
Steve & Tammy Scruggs
Brian & Kari Seeley
Angie Winn, Winn Summit Consulting
Parker Street Ministries (PSM) is a 501c3 nonprofit in Lakeland, Florida that follows a Gospel-centered model characterized by living, listening, affirming dignity, and building community together in and through the Parker Street neighborhood. For more than two decades, PSM’s vision has been to see a city transformed by the power of the Gospel through building champions who make possible desirable neighborhoods, lifetime learners, financial sustainability, and healthy communities for all.