Our Education Director Christina Allen has been combing over the data from our post-summer camp testing. Summer-Bridge Camp is a blend of academics and enrichments. It is intentionally designed to stop the Summer Slide.
The Summer Slide is a Google-able phenomenon where kids lose the academic ground they have gained throughout the school year if they are not properly enriched. Our stats below help “prove” the program and give us a reason to celebrate:
• On average, kids in the eight week camp gained 2 months in their reading grade-level attainment and 4 months in their math grade-level attainment. (Source: data from Renaissance Software)
• Our kids are reading at an average level of grade 3.6. This is HUGE because “Reading by Third Grade” is a milestone for No Child Left Behind, Florida State Standards, My Brothers’ Keeper, and many others. (Source: data from Renaissance Software)
• 98% of students progressed to the next grade level. (Source: Report Cards!)
• Fifteen high school-aged students completed the Money Smart Financial Literacy curriculum and have opened savings accounts!
• And, in keeping with attempts to narrow the Digital Divide, more than 2500 hundred digital literacy sessions were completed by our students from May through August. (Source: Easy Tech Software)